#2 Blueberry-Chia Smoothie!
Trucking is synonymous with an unhealthy, unbalanced lifestyle. If you are a long haul CDL Class A driver, you’re probably home only one day per week, eating at truck stops, driving 3000+ miles every week---and let’s forget about exercising.
I’ve heard many truck drivers complaining about the lack of healthy food in convenient places. Guys, I suggest you buy a small blender and prepare your favorite smoothies in the cab. You’ll save money, time, and you’re going to feel amazing!
#2 Delicious Beet Smoothie!
- 1 large banana, cut into 1-inch pieces, frozen
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup Blueberry–Chia Seed Jam
- 1 cup coconut water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed oil (optional)
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE INGREDIENTS
- Banana– an essential in smoothies as it adds creaminess, a touch of sweetness, and helps you feel full longer plus, it’s rich in potassium and fiber and gives you natural energy
- Blueberries– one of the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit which helps to combat free radicals in your body
- Chia + Flaxseeds– rich is Omega-3 and fiber benefits
- Pineapple- can help reduce the risk of macular degeneration, a disease that affects the eyes as people age, due in part to its high amount of vitamin C and the antioxidants it contains
- Coconut water- Because there is more potassium than sodium in coconut water, the potassium may help balance out sodium's effect on blood pressureand possibly even help lower it.
- Almond milk- frequently contain added vitamin D, calcium and protein, making them more similar to regular milk in nutritional content